Do you or someone you know have closets, attics and basements filled with old clothes that you donít know what to do with? Donít throw them away or give them away, make some money by sending them to me!
I will buy wearable clothes & accessories from before the 1960ís. Here is a list of what I will buy, and what I will pay. Please do not send stained or discolored items or items with holes and tears, because I don't have the time to clean and repair items. I will not pay for damaged items. Pictures really will give me a better idea of what you have and if I can give you a good price for the items. But I understand that is an added expense and time consuming for someone cleaning out a house in a short amount of time. Please read my price charts carefully, I donít want anyone to be disappointed in the amount that I will offer them for their items.
Please no polyester knits or items from after the 1970ís, unless they are very wild or unusual.
Ladiesí Dresses Ė From the 1940ís to 1960ís Ė Any size
- Day Dresses - $5 to $10.00 each
- Suits (jacket and pants or skirt) - $10 to $20.00 each set
- Evening dresses/gowns - $8 to $20 each
Ladies Lingerie - I will buy just about any lingerie still in good condition from before the 1960ís. They can be nylon, cotton, rayon or silk.
- Slips - $2 to $5.00 each
- Nightgowns or pajamas - $3 to $5 for nylon, $5 to $12 for rayon or silk
- Bras or panties - $1 to $5.00 each
- Girdles, garters and corsets - $5 to $8 each
- Stockings, old garter style thigh highs, seamed or seamless, nylon, rayon or silk - unworn very good condition only - $1.00 per pair or $5.00 in original stocking box
- Blouses, sweaters and pants & skirts Ė
I like fancy blouses with embroidery, beads, lace, ruffle etc. Especially sheer nylon in colors - up to $5.00 each
- Sweaters Ė cardigans, beaded or sequin, lambswool, angora or cashmere - $4.00 to $8.00 each.
- Pants Ė I like capris, peddle pusher, clam diggers whatever you want to call them. Also prints and colors, not too many plain black or grey pants please - up to $5.00 each
Skirts Ė circle skirts, fancy fabrics, cute prints and colors, again not a lot of black unless they are a very unique style - up to $5.00 each
- Clothes from before the 1940ís Ė I donít deal with very often, mainly because those items are hard to find in good wearable condition so that they can be resold. But if you have them, Iíll buy them. I collect 1920ís and 30ís dresses myself, so I may be able to buy them even if they do have some minor damage, but are still in displayable condition.
- Day dresses - $5 to $15 each
- Evening dresses/gowns - $10 - $35 depending on condition and style.
- Accssories -
Shoes Ė need to be in very good condition, less than average wear. Any size, from before the 1950ís only Heels, sandals, platforms, wedge heel etc. $3 to $8 per pair.
- Hats and Handbags Ė these are pretty easy to find just about anywhere, so I am only looking for very special, unique style items, and all need to be in very good condition.
Hats Ė I like lots of flowers or feathers, velvet, or hats with dramatic look, like something Audrey Hepburn would wear Ė $3 to $8.00 each
Handbags - I like cute little bags with beads, fancy decorations, velvet, satin, evening bags etc. - $3 to $5 each.
Not sure of the era of your clothes? Here is a very basic guideline:
- Nylon zippers are from the 1970ís and later (none of those please)
- Dresses from the mid 1940ís and earlier usually had side or front buttons or side snaps, very few dresses had zippers until after the war. By the mid 40ís and through most of the 1950ís metal zippers were on the sides. By late 50ís they were on the back. Of course there are exceptions, but this will give you a general idea.
- Some nylon fabrics were used in the 1940ís, but not really until after the war. Nylon became very popular for use in clothes in the 1950ís.
If you would like to let me know what you have, or are ready to send me some stuff, please email me at :
Please email me before you send anything and please donít send a giant box that weighs a ton! Start out with a box of maybe 20 to 30 items (no more than 20 pounds) And we will see if we are both happy (me with the items and you with my paying prices)
My prices are cheap, and you may be able to find someone to pay higher prices. But understand I am buying blind, by the mail, so I canít risk too much, to be very honest.
But I will give you fair prices for nice items in good condition. When your box arrives, I will write up a list and email you what I will pay for the items. If you donít agree, I will ship the items back. If you agree, I will send you a money order payment for the items.